Friday, June 4, 2010

The Blue Umbrella(Complete Artwork)

During this week I have been working on this painting" The Blue Umbrella". It shows a Fruit Seller at the market, wearing bright color clothing and under a huge blue umbrella that protects her and her merchandise from the sun.   The media is Soft Pastels on paper. I love soft pastels because they are easy to use and they let me as a painter to express lights and shadows in an amazing way.  My inspiration is from the Fruit Sellers that I use to see in Cartagena, Colombia, a beautiful historic city on the shores of the Caribbean Coast.  I feel admiration for those hardworking women that always were kind and friendly.

2 comments:

  1. I love this piece and your description of its inspiration. The rendering and colors are very vibrant and beautiful! So happy to have met you via Veronica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy!! Love your art, so colorful!! I'm also glad to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete